This Summit promises to bring education to the forefront of a meaningful countywide dialogue where stakeholders can identify best practices, opportunities for collaboration and fuel collective impact initiatives toward improved academic achievement and economic prosperity.
The BIA, in conjunction with SBCSS, recognizes that quality schools are the foundation of thriving communities. Our hope is that you will join us in the pursuit of a solutions-oriented dialogue on how to address the future education needs for our growing region. Clearly our region's future economic prosperity will be determined by ensuring we have a well-educated workforce.
Building the Workforce of Tomorrow & The Future of San Bernardino County
- Carlos Rodriguez, Chief Executive Officer, BIA Baldy View Chapter
- Robert Lovingood, Chairman, San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors, 1st District
- Dr. Henry Shannon, Ph.D., President, Chaffey College District
CSUSB STUDY – ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
Researchers at California State University, San Bernardino's Department of Economics recently published "California Homeownership and Sociocultural Factors," a study on the effects of California homeownership on sociological factors such as education attainment, health, crime and poverty.
MODERATOR: Jose Alcala, Board Member, California Teachers Association
- Superintendent Ted Alejandre, San Bernardino County of Schools
- Professor Dan MacDonald, California State University San Bernardino
- Mayor Acquanetta Warren, City of Fontana
21st CENTURY SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION TRENDS
Prop 51 School Bond Funding update; Discuss how the design of schools are changing for the future student and how is technology being incorporated.
- Bryan Willett – FBI Special Agent – OC/Los Angeles – Cyber Security & Education
TECH CAREER PATHWAYS
MODERATOR: Beth Higbee, Ph.D., Assistant Superintendent Education Support Services, San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
- Professor Tony Colson, College of Business and Public Administration, California State University San Bernardino
- Kathleen Steele, Curriculum Developer, Professional Development at San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools, ROP- Reg Javier, Deputy Executive Officer, San Bernardino County Workforce Development Department
- Steven Monteros
- Superintendent Ted Alejandre, San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools